TRIP TO ST. ANNE BEACH
Spend a day in complete relaxation and take advantage of the beautiful and famous St. Anne beach in the town of Sainte-Anne, with its soft sand and crystal clear waters, and then visit the town's lively market.
What we will see
- Sainte-Anne: free time on the beach, visit to the local market
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and head towards the town of Sainte-Anne, located on the southern coast of Grande-Terre (the “right wing” of Guadeloupe's butterfly shape). Even though this is Guadeloupe's second largest tourist destination (second to Gosier) with several popular hotels, this town has maintained its traditional character of a fishing village and an agricultural centre.
- Sainte-Anne however, is above all famous for its beach, an enchanting strip of fine white sand lapped by clear turquoise waters and surrounded by coconut trees. The shape of the coastline makes it ideal to practice all sorts of aquatic sports, from sailing to surfing and kite surfing.
- When we have had enough of the beach, we proceed with a visit to the local market to be tempted by the vast selection brightly-coloured Madras cotton fabrics, arts and crafts, spices, vanilla pods, tropical fruit, sweets and much more.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- A limited number of sun beds and beach umbrellas are available on-site subject to payment.
- The coach transfer from Pointe-à-Pitre to Sainte-Anne takes approximately 30 minutes.